Essential dishes for OSECHI, Kuromame is one of the three IWAI-ZAKANA.
There are many recipes, below recipe is a easy version I think. If you know more traditional way, please go to Traditional Kuromame for Japanese new year.
- Black soy beens(dried):250g
- Sugar:150-180g(white sugur or granulated sugar recommeded)
- Soy source:30cc
- Baking Soda:1/2tsp
- Put <A> in a souce pan, boring it to a boil once(about 30 seconds) and cooling down.
- Rinse dried black soy beens, and drain in a strainer.
- Put beens into 1 and let it out overnight.
- Once boiled, skim the scum off the top. Then simmer gently over low heat(1-2or more hours)
- When beens becomes soft, remove from heat.
- Let it cool.