Roasted Duck is Japanese traditional dish, “KAMO RO-SU”, or “AIGAMO RO-SU-NI” in Japanese. This served as a dish of OSECHI(=New yesr dishes), or X’mas etc..
Wild and domestic duck breast
<Percentage of soup>
- Soy sause: 1
- Mirin: 1
- Sake: 4
- Shape breast. Remove excess fats and thin skins.
- Make the cuts in fat skin.
- Do step 3 and 4 at the same time. Saute breast skin side down by using pan on the low heat, without no oil. I saute only skin side. Soon fats of skin is melting, put the melted oil on the breast side. This step takes about 10 minutes until the color of breast is turned.
- Heating soup. Using sause pan, put into soup and heat. The above is only percentage, 1 breast needs about Soy sause : Mirin: Sake = 50cc : 50cc : 100cc.
- Put sauted breast on step3 into hot water for a moment, to remove excess oil.
- Put soup on step4 and breast on step5 in a boul, steam for 8 minutes covering kitchen paper.
- Get rid of blood by skewering. Separete soup and let it cool.
- Soak the breast when soup cools down.